Online Parking Permit Application Terms
Please review all information on this page. By applying for a permit online, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this information.
Why do I need a permit?
A permit is required to park on any public street in Temple City between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. every day.
Is my vehicle eligible for a permit?
Only on-road passenger vehicles in operating condition with current valid registration are eligible for overnight parking permits. The following vehicles are not eligible for overnight parking permits:
- Vehicles that are Planned Non Operation (PNO), Temporary Operating Permit (TOP), or without current valid registration
- Vehicles with unpaid parking citations (unless qualified for indigent status and/or on an active payment plan)
- Vehicles with off-road registration
- Vehicles that are inoperative
- Vehicles that are over 20’ long, 80” wide, or 78” tall
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating over 6,000 pounds
- Trailers of any kind and vehicles towing a trailer
- Recreational vehicles of any kind including motor homes, trailers, and campers
- Vehicles that are used for commercial or business purposes
Is my residence eligible for a permit?
To qualify for an overnight permit, there must be more vehicles parked at your residence than off-street parking spaces. All off-street parking spaces including garages, carports, and driveways must be available for parking and may not be partially or fully obstructed or used for any of the following:
- Parking or storage of recreational vehicles, trailers, off-road vehicles, watercraft, inoperable vehicles, or vehicles without current valid registration
- Storage of personal items, tools, equipment, or similar items
- Fixed or movable shelving, work benches, or similar items
- Washer, dryer, refrigerator, utility sink, water heater, or similar appliances or fixtures that were not permitted by the City
- Conversion to living space, recreation room, storage room, pool house, or other non-parking use not permitted by the City
- Anything other than parking of an operable vehicle that is currently registered for on-road operation on a public street
Am I eligible for an annual permit?
To qualify for an annual permit, all vehicles parked at the residence must be registered at the residence address. If any of the vehicles listed on the application are registered at another address, the vehicle is not eligible for an annual permit. Monthly permits may be issued until all vehicle registrations are changed to the residence address, up to a maximum of 6 months. Short-term residents who do not require an annual permit may apply for a monthly permit for up to 6 months.
If the City determines that your vehicle or residence is not eligible for an overnight permit and you wish to appeal this determination, you may file a hardship request with the Community Development Director. The Director will approve or deny the request within three business days. If the director denies the request, you may appeal the Director’s decision to the Transportation and Public Safety Commission, subject to an appeal fee of $282.
How long are permits valid?
Annual overnight parking permits are valid until December 31st of the year they are issued. Monthly overnight permits are valid for 30 days from the date issued; monthly permits are issued up to a maximum of 6 months. The expiration date will be shown on the monthly permit.
How much are the permit fees?
The fee for an annual overnight parking permit is prorated quarterly. A senior discount is provided for residents who are age 65 or older with government identification providing proof of age. The fee for a monthly overnight parking permit is not prorated, and no senior discount is available. All permit fees are due in full at the time the permit is issued.
|Permit Type||Permit Fee||Permit Fee for
Seniors Age 65 and Over
|Annual Permit 1st Quarter||$83||$61|
|Annual Permit 2nd Quarter||$70||$53|
|Annual Permit 3rd Quarter||$55||$44|
|Annual Permit 4th Quarter||$42||$36|
How do I display my permit?
Permits must be displayed at all times when parked between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Vehicles not properly displaying a permit are subject to citation.
Annual Permits: Annual permit stickers must be placed on the outside of the rear window in the lower left hand corner (driver’s side), or on the left side of the rear bumper.
Monthly Permits: Monthly permits must be placed face-up on the driver’s side dashboard and must be clearly visible.
Can I transfer my permit to another vehicle or address?
Permits are valid only for the vehicle listed on the application. If you wish to transfer your permit to a different vehicle, you must submit a new permit application along with valid registration for the new vehicle and the permit transfer fee of $21. For annual permit stickers, you must remove the sticker from the old vehicle and submit it to the City. To qualify for an annual permit for the new vehicle, the vehicle must be registered at the residence address.
Permits are valid only for the address listed on the application. If you move to a different address, you must submit a new permit application along with the permit transfer fee of $21. The City will verify the number of off-street parking spaces at your new address to make sure you are still eligible for an overnight parking permit. To qualify for an annual permit, you must change your vehicle registration to your new address.
What if my permit sticker is damaged or stolen?
Replacement annual permit stickers are available for a $21 replacement fee. The remains of the old sticker must be removed from the vehicle and submitted to the City.
Where can I park with an overnight permit?
Annual and monthly overnight parking permits only allow the vehicle to park on a public street in Temple City between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., at or near the address listed on the application. Vehicles with overnight permits are subject to all other parking restrictions including but not limited to street sweeping, special permit, and time restrictions. Overnight permits do not exempt the vehicle from complying with all parking, traffic, and safety laws and requirements of the State of California and the City of Temple City.