Tighten up those hiking boots!!! We are excited to introduce the community to our Hiking Challenge. Hike your way to a healthier you! Challenge your friends and family, or just explore your local surroundings and or out of state hiking trails from November through December.
To Get started…
Hikers must complete a total of ten hikes to receive a HealthyTC Hiking Challenge 2020 Pin Challenge. Below is a list of the recommended hikes to complete. CLICK HERE
Please note, this is a hiking challenge to complete on your own time. You may either complete ten hikes in each category (beginner, intermediate, or advanced) or hike a combination of various trails to complete your challenge on your own schedule.
To register, please visit ActiveNetLink. Registration begins Thursday, October 1, and continues through fall. The $20.00 registration fee includes a Hikers Swag Bag filled with:
- Healthy TC Free T-Shirt Registration Form
- Hiker’s Log
- Hiking Challenge Pin (Mailed after completion of challenge)
- AllTrails App link information (IOS, Android)
- Virtual Hiking Picture Frame (Emailed after completion of challenge)
- HealthyTC String Bag
Hikers Swag Bag Pick-up
Contactless drive-thru pick-up for the hikers’ swag bags will be available on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 between 3 to 6 p.m. at the Live Oak Community Center 10144 Bogue St, Temple City CA 91780.
We encourage all participants to download the AllTrails app. The AllTrails app allows you to get directions to trail heads, review trails, photos, and any other needed information before visiting. You can input the name of the trail from the list we have provided directly into the app to get more information.
Tracking and Submitting Hikes
Hikers will be responsible for tracking their own hikes using the provided Hikers’ Log and submitting the log once they have completed their challenge. Submit your log in one of two ways:
- Scan and email the Hikers’ Log to Jordi Ubaldo, Parks & Recreation Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Mail the Hikers’ Log to City of Temple City, Attn: J. Ubaldo – Hiking Challenge 2020, 9701 Las Tunas Drive, Temple City, CA 91780.
- Pins will be mailed after log has been completed and reviewed.
Deadline to submit is Friday, December 18, by 12 p.m.
Tips for Hikers - BE SAFE!
- Remember to maintain physical social distancing while hiking on the trails and adhere to L.A. County’s Safer at Home Order.
- CLICK HERE to view today's air quality forecast.
- Consider hiking during the morning hours when the weather is cooler and with a buddy. Always be aware of your surrounding and pack a healthy snack & plenty of water.
Where can I hike?
Pick your favorite trail from the list provided or select a trail of your own in your community, county or state.
Fire closures have shut down my favorite trail?
Fires can cause trail closures that limit access to trails for weeks, months or even years. With our list provided you can select different trails to complete your challenge.
When do I need to complete my hikes?
Any time by or before Friday, December 18, 2020 at 12 p.m.
Can I hike with my dog or stroller?
Please check to local laws and codes prior to any hike. If dogs are allowed be sure to keep your dog on a short leash and are courteous to other hikers. We have also provide you a list of trails for family friendly hikes with and without strollers.
Can I hike any mountain outside of Southern California trails, or out of state?
Of course, you can! HealthyTC encourages all hikers to get up and get out no matter the location. As with all activities, all local health orders should be followed.
Do I have to wear my HealthyTC shirt?
We encourage hikers to wear their HealthyTC shirt to experience the unity of community and also to represent our proud city. We would also love to see some of your pictures or videos from your hike with your shirt! Tag us @connectwithTC and or #HealthyTC
What happens if I do not complete the Challenge I signed up for?
We encourage everyone to complete their challenge they registered for. We will still award you the pin and recognize you for the hikes you completed.