Apply for Youth Committee
The Youth Committee is an advisory board to the City Council. Ten youths are appointed to serve one-or two-year terms. Members meet regularly to discuss issues in the community concerning local youth and teens. The opportunity is an experience for underage residents to participate in the democratic process, interact with City leaders and impact important City Hall decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly meetings and any additional assigned Commission or ad hoc meetings. The Committee may occasionally meet in summer;
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council on matters pertaining to youth and teens;
- Foster increased involvement in the affairs of municipal government;
- Plan community programs and activities for youth; and
- Review municipal matters as referred by the City Council or City Commissions, and make recommendations on such matters.
Members meet regularly during the months of September thru June. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month in City Council Chambers (5938 Kauffman Ave.), or as otherwise stated on the posted agenda.
View Agendas & Minutes
When applying for
- Members must reside within City of Temple City boundaries, or attend school within Temple City Unified School District boundaries;
- For the duration of their term, selected members must either be under voting age (18 years
),or attending grades 9 thru 12;
- Committee members may not be paid employees of the City.
Appointments are two years, with some one-year terms allowed for incoming high school seniors.
Mandatory Attendance for Applicants
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the final Youth Committee meeting at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 27, 2021, virtually. Meeting login information to be provided on the May 27, 2021 meeting agenda.
Application Package and Submission
Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 28, 2021, 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com.
Interviews will be scheduled between June and July with elected official(s) and staff. Appointed members will meet informally during the summer and regular meetings will begin in October.